The month off is also evident in the declining ratings that I expect many FOX sitcoms have experienced in the past few weeks. "Thanksgiving" carried a 6.91 rating, a slight increase over the previous week's 6.84. Both of these are a drop from
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Not So New Girl Anymore
With two months now under it's belt and the World Series now long-since passed, New Girl is settling in and finding its permanent audience. The nearly one month hiatus through October makes New Girl still feeling like a new premiere with only 6 episodes having already aired. Consequently, there was no Halloween episode, though a Thanksgiving show aired last week.
The month off is also evident in the declining ratings that I expect many FOX sitcoms have experienced in the past few weeks. "Thanksgiving" carried a 6.91 rating, a slight increase over the previous week's 6.84. Both of these are a drop frommy birthday late September when the series carried a rating in the low 9's. Regardless, this still seems like healthy viewership for a sitcom, at least to me when it is competing on a network full of reality and content shows, which also happens to represent FOX's primary audience. That being said, we already know New Girl has an order in for a full season, so it's looking as though the series could easily pick up a second season if ratings stabilize over the next few months.
The month off is also evident in the declining ratings that I expect many FOX sitcoms have experienced in the past few weeks. "Thanksgiving" carried a 6.91 rating, a slight increase over the previous week's 6.84. Both of these are a drop from
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a feeling this show will hang around for a few season. I think there is a good market for shows like this. I mean, Two and a Half Men is awful and nothing more than a half hour long sex joke and people like that, so why not this show too.
ReplyDeleteI like this show. I think that a viewer needs to watch a few episodes before deciding how they feel. There needs to be some time to get accustomed to Zooey Deschanel (probably spelled all of that wrong!) And also get used to the type of comedy that is offered. I loved Justin Long on the thanksgiving episode. I thought that was great casting. I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteAs the season progresses, so will the characters and their roles. Situation humor has long proven to be successful if done (specifically, written) well. Having a great cast is a close second in the recipe for success. I love shows that provide an "escape." This one is quickly proving to be one of those shows.
ReplyDelete